Making Sustainable Change
- Develop Your Big Hairy Audacious Goal
If you want to change your life as much as what you want to move away from your past your will need a strong vision and goal to moved forward. A big hairy audacious goal can get you there. Identifying this goal will give you energy and impetus to make change straight away. Make your goal ‘good for you and good for others’. Use these questions to help you decide whether it’s worth pursuing your big, hairy audacious goal:
- How important is the goal to you?
- How beneficial would its substantial achievement be to your health, family and personal growth?
Now write down your first five steps toward achieving your big hairy audacious goal. Use a vision board to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on your chosen life goal. Literally, a vision board is a board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life. Using your personalised vision board will help you identify your vision and give it clarity; reinforce your daily affirmations; and keep your attention on your intentions.
- Life begins outside your comfort zone.
Are you comfortable in your comfort zone? Too often people surround themselves in comfortable prisons, afraid. Afraid to express themselves; afraid to say no to the demands of others; afraid to take risks to meet someone and start a new romance, for the fear of no, afraid to change career, afraid to end a relationship or friendship that is wrong for you, afraid to say no to a bully boss, afraid of illness, afraid to let their children grow up, afraid of their emotional life. However you life will get stale or grow small as you are never really challenged. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. What are you afraid of? Remember change is constant, embrace it.
Try using this question to motivate you in 2016 – What would you do if I was not afraid?
What You Get When You Break Free and go Beyond your comfort zone
- You’ll be more productive. Pushing your personal boundaries can help you hit your stride sooner, get more done, and find smarter ways to work.
- You’ll have an easier time dealing with new and unexpected changes. Learning to live outside your comfort zone when you choose to can prepare you for life changes that force you out of it!
- You’ll find it easier to push your boundaries in the future. Once you start stepping out of your comfort zone, it gets easier over time.
- You’ll find it easier harness your creativity. Seeking new experiences, learning new skills, and opening the door to new ideas inspire us and educate us in a way that little else does.
- 7-Steps to Change Your Life
- Know What You Want Rather Than What You Don’t Want
Remember where you put your attention is where you get your results.
- Believe That It’s Possible
- Cultivate the Overwhelming Motivation To Succeed
- Change Your Patterns, Change Your Life
Its important to understand is that our current patterns have gotten us to EXACTLY where we are in our lives right now.
- Create New Patterns to Replace the Old
- Reinforce, Reinforce, Reinforce (then Reinforce some more)
Repetition embeds your new skills
- Express Gratitude for your new attitude
Expressing gratitude lets us know that while our goals are important, the true goals of authenticity, compassion and being our real self brings true happiness.